High Quality Party–Line to Four–Wire Audio Conversion.
The COMMS–2000 interface converts a single channel of standard or TW party line 2–wire intercom to four–wire audio, while also converting call signals to RS–422 data (and back). The resulting four–wire audio plus RS–422 data can then be sent to a Clear–Com Matrix port using the HD–3500, DVM–1500, DVM–2500 or the Fiber–Comms fiber transport products. With its excellent hybrid null and wide–range level controls the unit may also be used as a best–quality stand–alone two–to–four–wire converter.
The Comms–2000 low profile and compact size add to its portability. It can easily be mounted on a utility rack shelf and up to three units will fit across in a standard 1–RU rack space. No additional power connection is required, as the COMMS–2000 obtains its DC operating current through the party–line connection on pin 2 of the XLR connector.
- Maintains hybrid null with multiple units on a channel
- Converts call signals to RS–422 data with selectable baud rate
- Operate intercom & call signal over fiber with the MultiDyne Fiber–Comms, HD–3500, DVM–1500 & DVM–2500 links
- Clear–Com and RTS® compatible
- Built–in test tone and jack for nulling
- Mode Data status LED
- Powered by intercom line
- Connects with standard XLR’s and RJ–45 or DB–15
- Rugged, compact package can fit up to three across on standard 1–RU panel